There are many different causes of skin pigmentation, including:
- Sun exposure: The sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage the skin and lead to the production of excess melanin.
- Hormonal changes: Pregnancy, menopause, and certain medications can cause hormonal changes that can lead to skin pigmentation.
- Inflammation: Inflammation of the skin, such as acne, can also lead to skin pigmentation.
- Genetics: Some people are simply more prone to skin pigmentation than others.
There are many different types of skin pigmentation, including:
- Melasma: Melasma is a common type of skin pigmentation that is characterized by brown or grayish patches on the face. Melasma is often triggered by sun exposure, hormonal changes, or pregnancy.
- Freckles: Freckles are small, brown spots that are caused by a build-up of melanin in the skin. Freckles are most common in people with fair skin, but they can occur in people of all skin tones.
- Age spots: Age spots are brown or grayish spots that occur on the skin as people age. Age spots are caused by a combination of sun exposure and genetics.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH): PIH is a type of skin pigmentation that can occur after an injury or inflammation of the skin. PIH is caused by an overproduction of melanin in the skin.
At VLCC Luxe, we offer a range of treatments to help you achieve clearer, more even tone skin.
Picocare 450 ND Yag Laser: Picocare is a cutting-edge technology that uses short bursts of laser energy to break down pigmentation at the cellular level, leaving your skin looking brighter and more even.
Dr. Zein Obagi (ZO) Peels: ZO Peel is a pioneering treatment to combat the signs of aging and skin discoloration. It provides antioxidant protection & utilizes a blend of exfoliants and multi-action agents to help improve skin health, treat the signs of aging gives more brighter and even tone skin.
RF Micro-needling: The great part about RF Microneedling is the benefits are multi-tiered! While it treats hyperpigmentation and discoloration in the skin, it also reduces fine lines, improves texture, minimizes the appearance of pores, and overall brightens the skin.
In addition to these targeted treatments, we also offer a range of facial treatments that can help with pigmentation. Our IPL (intense pulsed light) facial can improve skin tone and texture, while our vitamin C facial can help brighten and even out your complexion.
Whether you're dealing with melasma, age spots, or other types of pigmentation, the team at VLCC Luxe can help. Schedule your complimentary consultation with our dermatologists and learn more about our personalised solutions for beautiful, clear skin.